Many women rely on vibrators to reach climax. However, long-term over-use of a vibrator can create mental dependency and make it harder to connect with the subtle sensations in their body and achieve orgasm without a vibrator.
When they first start using a non-vibrating toy, they might be a little lost and not sure where to start.
Our glass and gemstone non-vibrating dildos, massagers, and pleasure wands are designed and hand-crafted for anyone who wants to transform their masturbation practice into a more nurturing, self-loving, self-pleasure practice while fostering more intimacy, sensitivity, sensation, connection and awareness in their body.Regular use of non-vibrating wands for self-pleasure can help you connect deeper with your body, pleasure, and your sexual essence.
ONNA wands and toys can be used in the following ways:
- Solo for internal massage or/and self-pleasure.
- Partner play.
- Temperature play. Glass, steel, and gemstones are natural conductors of heat? Unlike common plastic and silicone sex toys, our toys adapt and retain temperature for some time. It can be used either warm or cold. Keep it in the fridge (never the freezer!) for a cooler calming effect, or place it under hot water for 30 seconds to warm it up.
- External massage.
- Targeted pelvic mapping, tension release.
THIS IS OUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO USE OUR PLEASURE WANDS FOR MAXIMUM PLEASURE:
1. Set up a space and context that make you feel comfortable and excited. Use candles, fabric, flowers, scents, light, and music to create the perfect pleasure environment for yourself.
2. Get yourself in the mood. Take a hot shower or a bath to relax. Read your favourite erotic story or watch an erotic movie. Spend 10 minutes meditating on a sexy experience you had in the past or a fantasy you'd like to explore. There's no right or wrong here. Just explore different avenues.
3. Depending on what you'd like your self-pleasure session to be, you can start with setting a simple intention into your wand before you use it. Hold it on your heart or womb area for a minute or two and tune into the intention you would like to cultivate during your self-pleasure practice. Your intention can be as simple as slowing down, being more mindful and present during your self-pleasure, creating a more loving relationship with your body, sending yourself more self-love, or connecting to your authentic essence and desires. It is also perfectly fine to go for a quick pleasure session without setting any intention.
4. Before inserting the toy, start from the outside. Warm up your body. Play with the sensations and tease other body parts, like your arms, nipples, inner thighs, and legs.
When you're ready to stimulate your genitals, add some water-based yoni-friendly lubricant to the wand to keep everything gliding smoothly and more pleasurable. First, tease the vaginal opening, then slowly insert the toy. All our toys are designed so that both ends (one thinner and one thicker) can be used (except our and . Always start with the narrower end, and only when you are warmed up, aroused, and relaxed switch to the larger end if you wish.
5. Start by just resting the thinner end against the vaginal entrance, and as you take deep breaths, listen to your body and see if you are ready to go deeper. Allow your vagina to invite the toy inside and allow the walls of your vagina to draw the wand deeper inside. For yoni massage, de-armoring and mapping, you can read this article. These tips are mainly for using the wand for self-pleasure practice.
Move the wand in and out of your body, staying with what angle, pressure, and rhythm feel best. You can also insert the wand inside, let it rest, and start squeezing the pelvic floor muscles to increase blood flow and sensation. This is a great way to slow down and stay present with the sensations that you may or may not feel. With some practice, this exercise awakens the inside of your vagina and builds pleasure pathways that will lead to more sensitivity and more intense sensations during lovemaking and self-pleasure.
6. Experiment with movements. Try going over the G-spot in and out, tapping, circular, rocking on come hither motion. If you are looking for cervical stimulation, use a longer wand like Allure, or Awaken to gently press against your cervix without much movement, adding movement gradually.
7. Don't chase orgasms. Focus on pleasurable feelings and allow them to spread all over your body. There is no prize for most orgasms reached. If you have an orgasm, great. If not, you will still enjoy the benefits of self-pleasure, self-love, and relaxation.
8. Once you are done with your self-pleasure session, spend a few minutes holding space for yourself and your emotions. Cup your vulva with one hand, place your other hand on your heart, and thank yourself for taking the time to give yourself love and pleasure.
9. Wash your wand under warm/hot water using a gentle soap. Avoid washing it in boiling water. You can either dry it with a cloth or let it air dry. While glass can be air-dried, when you are washing stone products, we recommend wiping them dry to minimize long-term use wear and tear.
Store it in the pouch it came with and place it in a safe space. Your lingerie drawer is a good place to store it, or perhaps you own a sex toy chest.
HOW DO I CHOOSE A TOY?
Whether you want to gain more sensitivity or experience G-spot orgasms, Squirting, Cervical orgasms, Vaginal De-armouring, or Anal play there is a perfect toy for you. This chart below will help you choose based on what kind of experience you are looking for.
If you are still unsure and need help, we are always happy to give you a personal guidance and help you select a pleasure toy for your needs. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com