1. G-spot is a name for a highly pleasurable zone, not an actual organ. The organ that most likely corresponds to the G-spot is the female prostate.
The entire G-zone area is where the prostate meets the clitoral network (clitoral legs and bulbs), the urethral sponge, and the surrounding tissue.
2. Every female has one. The female prostate is a vital part of the female sex anatomy that every female is born with. The female prostate is embedded in the urethral sponge surrounding the urethral canal. The part of the prostate located between the vaginal wall and the urethra is a source of pleasurable sensations during penetration. When aroused and swollen, it protrudes through the roof of the vagina and feels subtly ridged to the touch. It has a ramp shape and thickens towards the body's inside, with the thinnest part at its tail closer to the bladder. This shape is the most common (in 70% of women), according to Dr. Milan Zaviacic, who described a few different shapes of the female prostate. In 15% of women, it's also ramp-shaped, but its thickest part is at the back towards the bladder.
3. You can see it in the mirror and feel its shape with your own hands. This step-by-step guide will help you.
4. Clitoris and the prostate/G-spot have different nerves; therefore, stimulating them elicits very different sensations. Clitoris is connected to the pudendal nerve, and the prostate is innervated by the powerful pelvic nerve. Do not look for the same intensity. The G-spot is more subtle, and it doesn't feel like the clitoris. The sensations are not as sharp but rather deep and more nourishing.
5. You need to be fully aroused to get the pleasure out of the G-spot. When you are aroused, the erectile tissue of the prostate engorges with blood and becomes more sensitive. It is important that you do not penetrate yourself before you are sufficiently turned on and open to be penetrated.
6. You can awaken your prostate/G-spot pleasure with gentle massage when you self-pleasure. You can use your fingers, but they can get tired quickly. The best way to awaken the prostate is to use G-spot toys that are curved, hard, and with a little bulb/lip, allowing for gently massaging the back of the prostate.
These are the most popular toys for awakening the G-spot
7. The G-spot is attuned to our emotions, and orgasms from stimulating the prostate can be very emotional and overwhelming.
8. G-spot orgasms take longer; most women are used to fast arousal and climax with vibrators at the highest speed, and when trying to explore the G-spot sensations, they give up before the G-spot can be fully aroused.
It can take 30-40 minutes to feel anything in the G-spot!
9. The prostate is a highly sensitive soft tissue that responds to gentle, consistent stimulation. You do not want to overstimulate it, kill it with high vibrations, or be too rough with it. Remember: gentle, steady, and loving touch is what the prostate likes. Never vibrate the G-spot.
10. The female prostate is responsible for female ejaculation. The prostate produces and emits fluid that contains PSA (prostate-specific antigen). This fluid is what we know as female ejaculate. Anyone with a female prostate can squirt. You can read our guide to squirting/female ejaculation here.