HEALTH BENEFITS OF MASTURBATION
When it comes to masturbation, many women still feel embarrassed or ashamed. Recent years have seen the emergence of many sex-positive educators shining a light on the importance of pleasure, self-pleasure, and understanding your body. Despite all that, female pleasure is still taboo for many, which is quite surprising, especially considering that numerous studies have shown that there are clear health benefits to enjoying a little alone time with your body.
Onna has been working on opening up the communication around self-pleasure as a form of self-care, healing, and reconnecting to our bodies. Our goal is to help normalize female masturbation and show young women that self-pleasure is normal and healthy.
Is it okay for women to masturbate?
The answer is yes! It's perfectly normal, and there's nothing wrong with it. It is also perfectly normal and healthy to masturbate even when you are married or have a partner. There are no wrong ways of exploring our sexuality.
Let's remind ourselves of some of the many benefits of self-pleasure:
- It is pleasurable.
- It is the ultimate safe sex.
- It is a joyous expression of self-love.
- It offers numerous health benefits, including better sleep, menstrual cramp relief, stress reduction, and endorphin release.
- Strengthens muscle tone in your pelvic and anal areas.
- An orgasm-induced endorphin release can also help with stress relief and elevate your mood.
- It improves our relationship with our bodies.
- Boosts self-confidence.
- Contributes towards a more positive body image.
- Reduces sexual anxiety.
- Masturbation with a partner can be educational and deepen intimacy.
- Increases our sexual awareness.
- Increases the likelihood of orgasm. Many women learn to orgasm through self-pleasure. It is a wonderful way to learn how our body works and what kind of touch and stimulation we like and respond to.
- Improves our partnered and overall sex life. Masturbation allows us to learn about our bodies and figure out what gives us pleasure. It becomes easier to show and communicate to our partners what works for us and how we want to be pleasured.
Did you know that the more educated you are, the more likely you will masturbate?